RMC | Romi Masonry Construction provides patio and walkway paver installation services in Fairfield, CT and surrounding areas. Contact us today at (203) 982-8518 to schedule a quick no-cost quote! Interlocking stone and concrete paver patios are two popular types of outdoor flooring options used for creating functional and visually appealing patio and walkway spaces. Here’s an explanation of each:
- Interlocking Stone Patios: Interlocking stone patios are constructed using individual stone units that interlock with each other, creating a stable and durable surface. The stones are typically made of natural materials like flagstone, slate, limestone, or granite, and they come in various shapes, sizes, and colors. The installation process involves the following steps:
- Excavation: Digging and leveling the area where the patio will be constructed.
- Base Preparation: Adding and compacting a layer of crushed stone or gravel as a stable base for the patio.
- Edge Restraints: Installing edge restraints, such as plastic or metal borders, to hold the interlocking stones in place.
- Sand Bedding: Spreading a layer of sand over the compacted base for leveling and cushioning the stones.
- Interlocking Stone Placement: Carefully placing and interlocking the stone units on the sand bed, ensuring proper spacing and alignment.
- Joint Sand Application: Sweeping sand into the joints between the stones to provide stability and prevent movement.
- Compaction: Using a vibrating plate compactor to settle the stones into the sand and create a solid surface.
Interlocking stone patios by RMC Masonry offers a natural and elegant look, with the advantage of individual stones allowing for easy replacement if needed. They are known for their durability, resistance to weather conditions, and low maintenance requirements.
- Concrete Paver Patios: Concrete paver patios in Fairfield, CT are created using precast concrete blocks or pavers that interlock to form a stable surface. Concrete pavers are available in various shapes, sizes, textures, and colors, offering a wide range of design options. The installation process generally involves the following steps:
- Excavation: Preparing the area by excavating and leveling the ground.
- Base Preparation: Adding and compacting a layer of crushed stone or gravel as a stable base.
- Edge Restraints: Installing edge restraints to define the patio area and hold the concrete pavers in place.
- Bedding Layer: Spreading a layer of sand over the compacted base to create a level surface for the pavers.
- Paver Placement: Laying the concrete pavers in the desired pattern, interlocking them tightly.
- Joint Sand Application: Sweeping sand into the joints between the pavers to provide stability and prevent shifting.
- Compaction: Using a vibrating plate compactor to ensure the pavers are firmly set in place and the surface is level.
Concrete paver patios offer versatility, strength, and a wide range of design possibilities. They are known for their durability, resistance to cracking, and ease of maintenance.
Both interlocking stone and concrete paver patios or walkways installed by RMC Masonry can enhance the aesthetics of outdoor spaces and provide functional areas for relaxation, dining, or entertainment. The choice between the two depends on personal preferences, budget, desired style, and the specific requirements of the project. You can click the following link to view our many 5-star Google Reviews. Contact us today at (203) 982-8518 to schedule a quick no-cost quote!