Stone Pillars / Columns and Driveway Aprons
Stone columns or pillars and driveway apron installation services by RMC | Romi Masonry Construction involve the construction and installation of stone columns and driveway aprons as part of a landscaping or hardscaping project. Here’s an overview of each service:
- Stone Column Installation: Stone columns are decorative vertical structures made of natural or manufactured stone materials. They are often used to enhance the aesthetics and provide architectural interest to entrances, driveways, walkways, or outdoor living spaces. The installation process typically includes the following steps:
- Planning and Design: Assessing the desired location and purpose of the stone columns, selecting the appropriate stone material, and designing the layout.
- Excavation: Digging holes or footings for the stone columns, ensuring proper depth and stability.
- Foundation Preparation: Adding a stable base or concrete footing to support the stone columns.
- Stone Placement: Installing the stone columns in the designated locations, ensuring proper alignment and securely anchoring them to the footings.
- Grouting or Mortaring: Filling the gaps between the stones with grout or mortar to provide structural stability and a finished appearance.
- Finishing Touches: Cleaning the surfaces, removing excess grout or mortar, and applying sealant if necessary.
Stone columns can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to outdoor spaces and serve as functional elements such as gateposts, pillars, or light fixtures.
- Driveway Apron Installation: A driveway apron is the transition area between the main road or street and the driveway itself. It is typically constructed using durable and visually appealing materials such as concrete, asphalt, or pavers. The installation process generally involves the following steps:
- Excavation and Grading: Preparing the area by excavating and leveling the ground to accommodate the driveway apron.
- Base Preparation: Adding and compacting a layer of aggregate or gravel as a stable base for the driveway apron.
- Formwork: Installing forms or frames to define the shape and dimensions of the driveway apron.
- Concrete or Asphalt Placement: Pouring and spreading concrete or asphalt mixture within the forms to create the driveway apron surface.
- Finishing: Smoothing and leveling the surface, ensuring proper slopes for drainage, and adding any desired textures or finishes.
- Curing and Sealing: Allowing the concrete or asphalt to cure properly and applying a sealant to protect the surface from weathering and stains.
Driveway aprons serve as a transition point that provides a smooth and durable surface for vehicles to enter and exit the property. They also enhance the curb appeal of the property and can be customized to match the overall design aesthetic.
RMC | Romi Masonry Construction can assess the specific requirements of your project, recommend suitable materials, and ensure proper installation for long-lasting and visually pleasing results.
You can click the following link to view our many 5-star Google Reviews.Contact us today at (203) 982-8518 to schedule a quick no-cost quote!
How Can We Help You?
RMC/Romi Masonry Construction LLC is a family-owned and operated business with over 20 years of experience, growing rapidly due to the remarkable commitment towards clients while working with high standards and integrity. We are fully insured, licensed, OSHA approved and it is our mission to bring safety and structural integrity to each and every one of our projects in a timely manner. Contact us today to schedule your no-cost consultation!